When choosing your electrical cable there are elements that must be taken into account; whether your lighting project requires 2 core or 3 core cable, the inner core required - 0.75mm or 0.50mm, wattage and ampage needed and the style of cable required.
Whilst we are a lighting company you may find our electrical cables appropriate for other projects, dependant on the cable chosen*.
- 2 core cable does not have an earth and comprises of the live and neutral conductors, coloured blue and brown
- 3 core cable comprises live, neutral and earth conductors - coloured brown for live, blue for neutral and yellow/green for earth
- 3 core clear cable - although this is a clear cable the earth is coloured - this is to meet legislation
- 0.50mm cable is 3 amp rate - up to 720 watts - individual length should not exceed 2 metres*
- 0.75mm cable is 6 amp rate - up to 1440 watts*
- Our 0.96mm mini clear cable is 6 amp rating - this cable is double insulated with a thin but extremely tough outer insulator - please note that this cable is not as flexible as some of our other cables
- braided and twisted, round and oval overbraid cables are designed to replicate period cables and to enhance modern and contempory projects
* For further information please visit http://www.rospa.com/home-safety/uk/northern-ireland/electricity/flexes-cables/flexes/